Is it already July?
Usually, by this time of year, things slow down a bit, as many organizations’ fiscal years have come to a close. But not this year. This year we continue to be busy well into the summer!
We have a lot going on;
- Bryce and Tim just returned from Texas, where they met with a new client in the energy sector to discuss configuring our Performance Atlas to meet their needs. The requirements and refinement process will take up the next few weeks before we begin development. We’ll be sure to post more on that as the project proceeds.
- we’re continuing to working with the City of Portland’s Public School Administration to develop a GIS platform in order to extend location intelligence across business lines, with the initial focus on mapping out safe walking and biking routes to each of their 64 elementary and middle schools. You can read about our adventures in testing, as well as our two part series on developing a GIS-based methodology for Safe Routes to School route finding. Part 1. Part 2.
- we’re wrapping up a consulting project with the folks at Hennepin County, Minnesota where we made use of the brand-new URISA GIS Maturity Capability Model,
- our two-year project with Seattle City Light to provide Strategic planning and ongoing location intelligence support services is moving along nicely,
- we’ve wrapped up Phase 1 of configuring our Performance Atlas web application to provide the Etisalat team with a hosted solution that will increase their location intelligence related to performance across sales, marketing and facility planning business lines. We anticipate work on Phase 2 will start up sometime this summer.
- we’re kicking off a project with Oregon’s Department of Fish and Wildlife to bring the popular hunting and shooting ranges map to mobile devices,
- back in the Spring, we configured a web application to provide a client with a hosted location intelligence solution providing web access to college campus, floor-by-floor, viewing and updating of facility conditions and assets. We are now improving that application so that our client can make it available to colleges throughout the country.
- and of course, we continue to provide hosting services to many happy clients!
Just because we have a lot going on doesn’t mean that we’re too busy to talk to you. If you are in need of some GIS consulting, or need a web application for your GIS data, or need a home for your GIS data – or just want to talk – please don’t hesitate to contact us. We’re here!